Google

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Kitty in the hole!

So, I was driving to my local Giant Hypermarket today when out of the blue, something white came out from under this Harrier in front of me. Now a quick glance would tell me it's something light, until i saw it's eyes.

Yes, it's eyes. It was at that moment that I also saw its mouth and nose and recognized it to be a little kitten. "Oh my GOD!" I screamed and swerved to the right to avoid from turning the poor furry little thing into street pancake. I did well to, the poor frightened little kitten rolled on and on, avoiding more cars (OMG!) and finally landing near the sidewalk.

It was probably the most frightening thing in my life and a nightmare come true, especially since I'm a cat owner. I've often kept my cat away from the front door, teaching her to keep away from it, but she never listens and still keeps peering out of the grill. A cat's curious, what can I say but for the time being, that's as far as her fat furry body goes.

Anyway, I turn the car around, stopping it by the side, looking for the poor kitten, wondering if it might need medical help and if so, I have a regular vet that could probably help out. But to my surprise, it wasn't there anymore. I have no idea what happened. My cat, as a kitten, had been frightened before and she couldn't move for the longest time (3 hours) and that was just from lightning. This cat's gone under a SUV and was nearly crushed by 2 other cars, mahai, how the hell could it still be moving.

There are only two conclusions I can come up with is:
a) Some good samaritan stopped by before I got there to pick up the kitten, presumably for medical care or
b) This cat, being a genetically-engineered Super Cat with absolutely no fears, managed to get up and run away from the scene of the accident before I got there.

Sigh, I can't really blame anyone for this; for all I know the Harrier driver did swerve to avoid the cat, thinking that going in between the tires is still okay. The cat, being a cat, was probably careless but it'd be silly to blame a cat now wouldn't it? Sure, my cat gets blamed for messing up the house but it's still me cleaning up the place.

Traumatic experience yes. It's a vivid reminder of why I keep the blurdy furball in the house at all times.