Google

Friday, August 12, 2005

Difference Between Guys and Girls : Perfume Shopping

A mystery that has always stumped me is women and shopping. It seems that almost every girl I know loves to shop, and I do mean shop. Even those who don't like to shop love to shop. Take Huey-Ling for instance, she's not exactly a shopper kinda girl, but bring her to a mall, and that changes almost instantenously.

The story starts this way, I go to college, yesterday, as usual, went to the gym at 1pm and had a 2 hour workout. Oh yeah, the government decided to release the API data and apparently my campus area is in the hazardous level. Adam shall illustrate the measures taken to cope with this.





It's scooter boy!!!

Now then, right after our goofing off, we decided to go shopping! That's right, I decided to go shopping: I needed a new pair of running shoes and Huey-Ling needed a new bottle of eau de parfum or eu de toilette. The difference? The formerlasts longer than the latter.
Anyway, I did my shoe shopping (which I didn't conclude til today) and since I hadn't really concluded on which shoe I really wanted (it was a split decision between the Nike Free and the Adidas Isolate Comfort 4E - this is an older model and most of their big stores don't carry it but it's freaking comfortable), we decided to instead help her go perfume shopping. Well Lionel did, I just sat outside of the store. So while I was sitting, they perused the samples like nobody's business, but soon enough they walked out. But not empty handed.
And the candidates are. The perfume moron, not the.. err nvm...
Here's what I can surmise from the two candidates (based on Lionel's and Huey-Ling's conversation:
Eternity Summer- Smells lively and very very fresh but not very natural
CK Summer - Smells fresh and beachy.
The funny thing, after Huey-Ling heard Lionel say, "If you want to smell fresh and beach-y" she said, "BITCHY??!!" Yes, I laughed like nobody's business. Anyway, after getting the smells down to pat, she decided to shake shake the samples a bit:

Shake it! Shake it like a polaroid picture

Anyway, shaking proved that it only smelled the same so she decided to go price hunting instead. So we walk walk to the perfume shop on the other side of mall where she bends down to see the display


"ooh, pretty pictures" said the child

And guess what she found out. It's cheaper so as she discusses with the shop lady, I notice something in Lionel's helmet...


"Holy SHIT!"

And for a closer view (BTW, it smells quite nice contrary to the notion that mixed perfumes give off a pungent smell)


Well, that's a lotta smelling paper

So, after discussing about it with the salesperson, she decides to go back to the original store! Oh my god.. Really, I don't know why...


How much for that doggy in the windowwww~

And then we're back at the original place where she bought CK Summer for an undisclosed price(well, not undisclosed. I just didn't hear it).

The Winnah!!!111

So this entire process took about 2 hours to complete. *silence* Oh my god! 2 hours??!!! Holy crap!!!

But what about the guys, you are all protesting? Well here's an example of how I do my cologne/perfume shopping:

Me: Hey ma, you going anywhere anytime soon?

Mom: I'm going to Kelantan next week, why?

Me: I need a new bottle of Bulgari. Can you get it for me?

Mom: Oh, okay. Only Bulgari?

Me: Yeah, only Bulgari. I'll bank in the money to your Maybank account.

Mom: Okay. Love you.

Me: Love you too.

And badabing, I've got my cologne purchase set. No more than 5 minutes and I don't even step out of the house. Yay! Now my shoes, oh hell yes, that's another story. Today I finally decided which pair to buy and here it is!


The ADIDAS ISOLATE COMFORT 4E!!!!

Man, these shoes are a beauty. Not as good as the Nike Free but I needed comfort > Lionel's red angry face. Though at this point I think I'd waste the RM359 to buy the Nike Free as well just to get his reaction. LOL. Anyway, the box was kinda pretty but Huey-Ling requested for it so as of Tuesday, it'll belong to her.

For the time being, here are more pictures of the shoes! (Taken on my crappy phone cam)


Side view!

Front View!

Now that I've got that out of the way, I've got a bone to pick with a certain indonesian idiot who commented on Xiao's blog that the indonesians aren't to be blamed because it's our Malaysian factories who are burning the forest. Gee? Malaysian factories? In Indonesia? Oh dear lord how stupid can you get. Here's a quote:

Assalamulaikum,Hanya nak bagi tau, jangan engkau oreng selahkan
orang indonesia, orang MALAYSIA yang bodoh tak ada otak, datang ke Indon untuk
membuat kilang dan lalu membakar hutan.Boaneh hancur eh!! Dablak la engkor!! Asu
Erang, Jangan salahkan orang indon dablak



Here's a translation:

"Hello, just for your information, don't you blame the indonesians, it is the MALAYSIANS that are idiots with no brains, coming to Indon to build factories and going ahead and burning the forest. You all stupid eh? Go to hell la you. Just to say don't blame the indons idiot!" (No idea what dablak and boaneh means so I improvised)

Well, here's my response Indonesian Idiot:

First of all, where in her blog did she state that she was blaming the indonesians? No, that was me, dumbshit! If you can't even read a simple english blog, and you can't even fucking reply in english, don't fucking say we're idiots, pussywhip. We can run circles around you in so many ways that you'd get a headache just watching. There's so many flaws in your argument. First of all, yes we do have factories there in Indonesia but they're under Indon-management so either way, your dumbshit countrymen are causing the haze. Thirdly, it's not the factories that are burning, you pisswad, it's YOUR FUCKING FARMERS!!! Your fucking farmers are too fucking cheap to get fucking fertilizer that they burn off public land to use the ash as fertilizer.

Every major news media reports that your dumbshit farmers are burning every piece of land they can find and your pussy firefighters can't fucking fight fire for nuts! Hell, BBC blames your fucking farmers, and that's a London-based news media network. So if you fucking dumbshits can't fucking read an english newscast or even fucking read in fucking plain and clear, form 4 english, I say pity your dumbasses because your country is going for nuts. You're government is run by a blind man, is rife with corruption and now you're polluting our AIR! Now I really believe that we should invade your sorry ass country, declare Marshal law and kill off your farmers because they're being dumbshits about burning off public land for their own private use.

God damn it, why is there a country full of idiots next to us?

Disclaimer: I know that the opinions of one guy does not reflect the opinion of the rest of his peers but I have not seen any other indonesians renounce his statement nor have I seen any indons take responsibility for the actions that have caused the air in my town to go up to hazardous levels. I'm dying just sitting down typing on my computer. I still hate all you dumbshit indons because quite frankly you can criticise in my friend's blog when she didn't say anything about indons while not being able to write anything in mine seeing as I did write about you dumbfucks.