Google

Saturday, October 15, 2005

My First Ramadhan Bazaar

That's right; in the 4 years I've lived in Shah Alam, I've never been to a bazaar. Embarassing wei! Almost 21 and still never go bazaar by myself wan. Well, I've been to one but I never did buy anything, just browsing. Anyway, as usual I do my 'recon' work, browsing the shops, looking at what they sell and most importantly the number of people standing in line.

It's important because my rule of thumb for a place with really good food is to look not for the number of people seated, but the number of people standing. The more people, the better the food. Why? You're obviously willing to wait so long for the food and the people behind you also one more; dah la line so fucking long, but still want to stand behind you. So, obviously the food's that fucking great.

So as I browse around, I pre-select all the stalls I'll go buy from in my head, carefully marking their positions mentally so that I'd know what to hunt for. Anyway, bought some small pastries lopez de sequera (I don't know how it's spelled!), 10 sticks of satay, more pastries (kaya filled goodies!) 1 plastic bagful of watermelon juice and 1 whole roasted chicken.

I would have gone for the honey glazed roasted chicken but then hor,

THIS HAPPENED!!! BLOODY FUCKING MACHAUHAI TIU NIA MAN KNNCCB!!! I was so looking forward to the honey glazed one. Damn! Anyway, if you look at the picture carefully, you can see a blue and white check patterned tablescloth; that was the table I was going to.

The line near that table, is the line to the honey glazed chicken at the stall next to the one I was going to. Mind you, I was further behind than where that shot was taken. So the damn chicken is obviously so fucking good that people actually risked getting caught in the rain!

(Mental Note: Get there EARLIER!!!)

So off I went, dejected at the prospect of not having the prescious honey glazed roasted chicken. (man I say it so many times, it's gotta be good). Anyway, for you guys living in Shah Alam and STILL! don't know where the place it, go to Stadium Melawati, at the side facing Giant Hypermarket, you so totally can't miss it.