Google

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Rastafarian Annoyance | 'Tongue' Lashing

Okay, what is up with the radio ads these days? I hear stupid Jamaican-wannabes who try their best to sound as rastafarian as they can possible! Especially for MBF Cards and Celcom. I don't know about you, but last I checked, Reggae died with Bob Marley! The closest we've got to reggae nowadays that's popular is Sean Paul but at least he brings in a different sound.

Yes, I know reggae's supposed to sound laid back, and yes I know that the freaking ads are about relaxing, but seriously; do you want more malaysians trying their best to imitate them? I'd be hard pressed trying to make a conversation with them.

I can't even think of a fucking example of how! Otherwise you'd see a nice chat here with what I'd say and what the other guy'd say.

Mahai! Seriously, we have enough trouble with malays going "wassup nigga!" without me slapping them upside in the head, and indians thinking they all 'ghetto pimp' or some shit like that. Don't even get me started on the chinese. (see, can't say anything right? I bash all three!) I don't want to have to make fun of some punk thinking he all rastafarian and shit!

Meh, this is like one of my most off days. Usually I'd go, "What the fuck is up with this shit? This is so fucking wrong that if fucking hurts just trying to figure out what the fuck is up with this stupid rastafarian shit"

---------------------------------------------------------

Ah yeah, yesterday we had a nice surprise during class. A christian fellowship was having a meeting in the class next to the one I was in. What?! No, I am not bashing on them! Anyway, we had a very nice surprise at 2.45 when they suddenly burst into this screaming frenzy of what I can only call 'Gibberish'. They call it 'speaking in tongues' but quite frankly, it sounds like gibberish to me.

Anyway, I was complaining that they were too loud and they should have considered that a class was going on in the next room before that sudden outburst and then someone tells me it's not in my place to complain because "the mosque near my house always make noise at 5am with their speakers" Yeah, the mosque is calling for the morning prayer, it happens every day. I live near a mosque, trust me, I know.

And then I say, "At least they don't spout gibberish through the loudspeakers, to which said person replied, "Well, I could call Jawi gibberish right?" Oh, now it's personal! JAWI is a WRITTEN and SPOKEN language! It was the language the Al-Quran was written in because it was the language in use at the time. The christian bible was originally written in latin, why did't they spout gibberish in latin? All i heard was them wagging their tongue muttering "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" the entire time. Show me a book written in their language and I'll show you the mental history of the author.

Oh gee, guess some people don't think do they? I didn't bash on their beliefs, I bashed on their noise; we didn't have to go into the realms of religion but noooooooooo, some people think it's necessary to defend this practice of speaking in tongues from the basis of religion. The 5 in the morning prayer call happens everyday of the week, regardless and it is a muslim tradition to do so. That's right, Tradition! Get used to it. I don't see speaking in tongues being a christian traditions, otherwise you'd all be babbling inane gibberish speaking in the same language and maybe, JUST MAYBE understand what the hell it is you're speaking.

Anyway, enough religion, it is time to.. to.. ah fuck, screw it...