Google

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Kiru's First Review - Saeke Sushi!

Yeap, having a digital camera now opens a lot of doors in terms of material to write about and now, I'm here to blog about what I love most, food.. oh wait, that's SWs line. I digress, so let's move on!

Thursday Night, me, SW and Eve went out for dinner, after a little pre-dinner shopping (pictures will come later), at Sakae Sushi in The Curve over at Damansara.

The decision was really a spontaneous one albeit a good one in the end. The place was quite nice, although the lack of light made it impossible to take a good picture without flash, but the atmosphere was nice and it was crowded too (remember my rule of thumb when it comes to choosing a place to eat?). Waiting was quite fast, we were lucky to get a seat as they just had a group leaving when we walked in.


The place was cool cause you didn't order from waiters (well, maybe drinks) but from an LCD screen attached to your table. Each table also has a hot water dispenser for your herbal tea packets. I didn't use it cause I'm a pussy I drank cold tea instead.









Anyway, we ordered the Superior Sushi Platter which had a ton of stuff on it.


And I also had the Unatama Don, (Grilled penisEel, fried eggs and rice)


The food was scrumptious, the salmon on the sushi was fresh and the Unatama Don was quite good, although to be fair, the only comparion I have is the Unagi Set in Sushi King seeing as that's the only other japanese place I've ever eaten.

But nonetheless, it was a seriously good meal. The three of us were very stuffed and I was fasting the whole day mind you. Nonetheless, I'd recommend you give Sakae Sushi a try if you've got a hankering for sushi. Although a few complaints to be had; the hot water dispenser gives off boiling hot water, don't get me wrong, I know that it's supposed to, but the mechanism is entirely too dangerous. A person could burn his finger because of the position of the push knob as well as the amount of force needed to get the water to flow.

Also, SW's Gyu Don came really really late and it really wasn't as good as Eve's Chicken Terriyaki Don or my Unatama Don. So I guess it's dependent on what you order I suppose. All in all, total came up to RM64.90 for a Center Meal + 3 individual dishes. T'was an okay price I suppose but a little too steep for me mainly because I was running short of cash. I'd recommend you go there though, if you got the cash.

After Saeke Sushi, we went to Swensen's for ice cream. Why swensen? Cause we cannnnn!



And then Evonne terrorized the Ice Cream Empire...




Now some funny highlights of the day:

Evonne got a ride on Ikea's Flatbed trolley. We had fun drifting around the cabinet section.



And Sher Win got high off sushi! LOLOLOLOLOLZZ!!111oneoneone