Google

Monday, October 24, 2005

Kiru's Got a New Digital Camera; It's camwhoring time!

Woo hoo! Went to Low Yat today to buy a spanking brand new digital camera to replace that dodgy handphone camera I always use. At least this time the pictures will come out wayy better. Today a surprise contender came as I browsed through the camera shops. It was originally between the Nikon 7600 (which was all bad, btw) and the Casio EX-Z110. Who knew that I'd walk away with neither of them but instead with....


The Casio EX-Z120! It's the 7.2 megapixel big brother of the Z110, a surprise contender since I didn't know it existed until the time I went to purchase the cam.

Problems with the Nikon 7600 is that, despite the fact that the brand name should've been enough to make me want it, it simply had the 7.1 mp quality as an advantage over Casio. I was so prepared to buy the Nikon until I saw the Z120. Casio outperforms the Nikon in terms of shutter lag, load-up time, and also shutter lag; Trust me, I tested them both, at the same time. By the time my friend's casio got ready for the next shot, the nikon was still processing the image.

Anyway, getting that out of the way, IT'S CAMWHORING TIME!!!!11

Kiru and his RM16 deck of cards which he uses to stump Sher Win, a LOT!


"Hmph!" snorted the snobbish cat, ignoring the camwhoring owner.


But I think the most awesome feature of this camera is that I get to play around with the shutter priority settings to create this:

Wahahahaha, Ghost in the house!


Okay! Enough taking pictures, this damn thing currently runs on Alkaline batteries, which I will change to rechargable NiMH ones once I have the cash to purchase a set. Another thing, at 7.2mps, the picture sizes translate to a whopping 4.5MB of data. Woot!